Pages

Monday 22 June 2020

Life in 1914

Life in 1914

WALT use descriptive language to add detail

World War I began in 1914. What was life like back then?

Task 1: Watch the 4 video clips:

Task 2: Brainstorm things about what life might look like for a child back in 1914. How is it different to today?

Coal used to light fires
Some homes had servants
There was no electricity
There was  computers 
There was cars
There was no i macs
There was no headphones 
There was no chromebooks 
There was no watchs
There was no new phones 
There was no pcs
There was no consoles 
There was no color  























Task 3: Write a description of what life may have been like for a child back in 1914.

  • Think about the 5 senses:
    • Smell i could smell coal
    • Hear i could hear shouting 
    • See i could see people
    • Touch i could touch the ground 
    • Taste i could taste smoke

Start writing here:
_______________________________________________________________
In the year 1914 there was a war. At home we used coal to make light. Some homes had servants and there was no electricity. The only cool thing was to go on the computer or play outside. But I liked playing outside. I wanted to play with dad but he was at war. So I just kicked the ball around  ‘time for school said mum ‘ok. But we had school which is good. If there was no school, how would we learn. And there were sports. My favorite sport is soccer. Now it's home time. I was walking home with my friend Mikey. When we got home I had to wash the dishes and dry them. After that I went on the computer and played with my friend.


_______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.