Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

swimming with the green sea turtles

Swimming with Green Sea Turtles

WALT: use our senses to make our writing more interesting.

Imagine going snorkelling at a beach and seeing beautiful green sea turtles. What do you think the experience would be like?

Task 1: Watch the video clip on the site. Imagine you were the person snorkelling… Put yourself in their flippers.

Task 2: Brainstorm using your senses. What do you think you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste if you were swimming with Green Sea Turtles?

In this table, write the descriptive words that you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste.
What can I see?
What can I hear?
What can I smell?
What can I touch/feel?
What can I taste?
Hard-shelled
Whistling wind
Salt
Rough
Salt from the water
Green sea  turtle 
The water 
Fish 
Green sea turtle 
Water 
Seaweed 
Swimming 
Seaweed 
Rocks 
Food 





Need some help? - make sure that you use words that you know… even better - search what some of these words mean and use them in your writing!

Task 3: Write a story about what it would be like to swim with Green Sea Turtles.

Start writing here:
_______________________________________________________________

 One day I went diving in the ocean. I was scared I have never dived before. I got my ger and jumped in the water. The water was so cold it felt like I was freezing.I

finally dived under the water and I could see a green sea turtle. It was so cool I was touching the sea turtles shell. It was so smooth. And then another green  sea turtle came.

It was so fun playing with the green sea turtle. But then i had to go so i jumped out of the water and took my gear off. That was so cool

_______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.